Friday 24 August 2012

Lunch is Gasta

I spent all night last night obsessing over lunch for today.  I wanted to do a fish theme, as Fridays at the school canteen are Fish and Chips days, but everything I thought of required foods I didn't have in.

I woke up and commented to the Hubby, "I'm becoming a slave to this blog."  Already!

It's good though, because it was motivating.  I ended up reverting to the idea from yesterday of writing something with cucumber.

Thus, I present to you a 'gasta' lunch.

I started with pulling out berries, tomatoes and cucumbers from the fridge.  I pulled out my drawer of plastic tubs and bentos and rummaged around until I found some suitable containers, and the ideas finally started flowing.  I began with this clever little container from Sistema filling the top with EasiYo strawberry yogurt and the bottom with blueberries, raspberries and sliced banana.

I also uncovered this rice/egg mould in the shape of Hello Kitty, so I boiled some eggs (one for Feebz and a few for the Hubby's breakfast) and clicked it into the mould.  It was my first attempt at using the mould for eggs, and I was fairly impressed with how it turned out.

There was one more of the batch of jellies I'd made at the weekend left, so I threw that in... but I still didn't know what to make for the 'main'.

Aha!  I then remembered I'd bought pitta bread.  So I filled a pitta bread with shredded cheese, put it in a toaster bag and briefly toasted it to melt the cheese and sliced it up into quarters.  A few tomatoes tossed in, and it was ready for the fun part.  I sliced up some cucumber, punched out the letters and arranged them in the single bento container.

Tha e gasta!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment