Wednesday 12 September 2012

Keto Bento Challenge 2

It's time for another...


Honestly, ya'll, I could seriously never do this diet! I just love cake too much. But being the dutiful wife I am, I am persevering with figuring out what the Hubby can eat and trying to send him to work with yummy lunches. For his sake, I've made another attempt at preparing a keto-friendly bento for my keto-dieting husband.

If only he ate cheese like a normal person is all I'm saying!


This keto bento consists of:
-2 grill steaks (4g net carbs each) *required microwaving
-2 raw broccoli florets (approx .5g)
-approx 1/4 cup cucumber slices (approx 1g)
-Mini Pepperami (.2g)
-1 boiled egg (.5g)
-3 slices of streaky bacon (0g)
-A sugar-free strawberry jelly (.5g)

Total net carbs = 10.7g

More than I would've liked, that's for sure, but I didn't realise the peppered topping on the grill steaks would add so many carbs. Oops.

So, the challenge continues. My goal is to try to get these bentos under 5g of carbs. Better luck next time, eh? But at least he enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment