Wednesday 5 September 2012

Mushroom Outta Love

I've had family in town for the past week, so apologies for letting the posts get behind. But I have still been making lunches and photographing them, so I'll just start unloading the backlog.


Because of said family, I didn't have the time to do anything exciting or themey. But with a bit of colourful fruit, it still looked pretty.

Feebz took in her lunch last Thursday cocktail sausages (on a better day, I might've cut them into octopus...es? octopi?), cherry tomatoes and raw mushrooms. The raw mushrooms were an experiment and a gamble; when they were small, the kids used to steal, not pick n' mix from the supermarket, but raw mushrooms and brussels sprouts, so I thought I'd see if the mushroom love was still there. It wasn't. But hey, she said she did try it and just didn't like it. In the lower tier she had apple slices, blueberries and strawberries. A few pretzels, a Babybel and a juice were added to finish the lunch off - and if memory serves, I think I added a banana last minute for her to eat at playtime. It was quick and easy.

And that's how you do what you do when your time is short!

No comments:

Post a Comment