Wednesday 12 September 2012

The Lunch Box Shop

I didn't do a shopping list this week before going shopping (dangerous, and expensive), but hopefully I have managed to get enough to last me until next shopping day.

This week for lunches (please excuse the water rings on the table) I am using the following:

Cheese Strings - £1.37 (half price)
Jus-Rol Pizza Base - £1.32 (half price)
Bread mixes x2 - .66p each
Passata (for pizzas) - .29p
Pepperoni - .99p
Raspberries - £2.50 (cheaper ones were available, but these looked juicier)
Blueberries - £2
Low-fat Houmous (to go with the crisps and crackers already in)- £1
Pizza Base (in case the Jus-Rol stuff isn't good) - .69p
Cheese Slices - £1.47
Mango Chunks - 2 for £3
Ham Slices - £1.49
Sugar Free Jelly - .69p
NOT PICTURED 3-Pack Juice Boxes x2 - .45p each

TOTAL: £19.03

I guess when school dinners are £1.75 per day I could just send her with money all week and save myself a tenner, but I prefer knowing what is going into her lunch each day, and I also prefer the good old fashioned warm family feeling of a packed lunch! I'd like to think my children's memories of lunches their mummy packed for them will pleasantly last into their teenage years when they stop needing me (and/or start hating me)... and resurface when they have their own children.

No comments:

Post a Comment